Sunday, March 14, 2010

Welcome Marie Rochelle

1: Thank you so much for being here, Marie. First up is the obligatory question. When did you first begin writing?

A. No… I want to thank you for having me. I really do appreciate it. I first started writing a little over five and a half years ago. My first book was Taken by Storm.
2: What inspired you to write?

A. I’ve always wanted to be a writer, but I finally got up the nerve one day and did it.



3: What do you like the most and least about writing?

A. Wow… what I love the most is having the characters in my head come to life. It’s so amazing to see how well the transform from my head into a story. I don’t think I’ve a least favorite thing about writing. I really do love all of it

4: What do you for fun and relaxation when not writing?
A. I really do love to read or watch a good movie when I get a chance.


5: Which authors do you like to read?

A. I’ve so many favorites ones. It’s hard to only name a few.


6: What’s the one thing you’d most like people to know about you?

A. I would like people to know that I’m pretty fun-loving and I try not to take life too seriously.


7: Tell me about your current novel, where I can find it and your website/blog.

A. My newest novel is called So Much Better. It’s the sequel to Desire. Here’s the blurb. It should be released on March 15th from Phaze Books.
Why them and not her? Keri Walker thought about those simple little words ever since her boss’ fiancée left him. There wasn’t a doubt in her mind she would be so much better for Richie if he only let her in.
Richie Davidson was devastated by the sudden loss of the woman he had been building a future with. Women were coming from left to right offering him comfort, but he wasn’t interested in them…. Because one unique beauty not seated ten feet outside his office door had already caught his eye.
You can find more info about it at my website. www.freewebs.com/irwriter/

8: Do you have any tips for aspiring authors?

A. No matter what if writing is your dream…don’t give up on it.

9: Do you base your characters on real-life people? A. Oh…now I can’t answer that can I? What would my family and friends think?

10: Where do you get your ideas and what inspired you to write this book?

A. All of my ideas just come into my head. Sometimes they come from a dream

 
11: What are you currently working on?

A. I’m currently working on Cole’s Surrender. It’s the last book in the Tycoon Club Series. Also, I’m almost finished with a new book called Roped into You.



12. Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?

A. Yes… I would like all of my fans to know that I’m still working on More than Friends: Brad. The Last book in The Drace Brothers series. I haven’t forgotten about him.

I know that I’d be so much better for Richie than Deborah or Taylor. Keri’s thoughts were racing as she placed the pile of mail on her boss’ desk. They’re only interested in getting him into bed, but I want to be there for him when he’s hurting or just needs someone to confide in.


Keri knew she had to get her plan underway, so everything would be in place for the St. Patrick’s Day charity ball. The night was either going to make her relationship with Richie or she would finally realize he couldn’t or wouldn’t get over Kristy. She would have to move on to someone else no matter how much it broke her heart.

Moving away from Richie’s desk, Keri was on her way out the door when she noticed his jacket thrown across the arm of the couch in his office. Walking over to it, she picked it up and slid her arms through it. She got lost in the wonderful scent of Richie’s cologne. It was so sad how bad she had it for him and her feelings weren’t returned. Richie had never encouraged her feelings. They were something that happened to her over a period of time.

He possessed all of the redeeming qualities she was searching for in a man. He was loving, attentive, a good listener, honest; and it didn’t hurt that he was sexier than any Hollywood actor. She took one final whiff of Richie’s jacket and was about to take it off when she heard, “Keri, what are you doing wearing my jacket?”

She spun around so fast that she almost tripped over her own two feet. Her eyes grew twice their size when she spotted Richie standing in his office doorway staring at her like he couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

Think of a good lie quick!

“I was cold, so I put on your jacket,” saying the first thing that popped into her head hoping Richie believed her. “Do you want me to take it off?” Keri started to remove it only to have Richie come across the room and pull it back on her shoulders.












No comments: