Friday, March 19, 2010

Welcome Kat Holmes

1: Thank you so much for being here, Kat. First up is the obligatory question. When did you first begin writing?

A. I have written as far back as I can remember. But I owe getting published to an author friend of mine who encouraged me to try submitting. When your writing idol tells you to do something, you don’t argue.


2: What inspired you to write?
A. I just love stories and the way words work together to paint a picture.



3: What do you like the most and least about writing?
A. What I like most is creating new worlds and people and putting them into situations. What I like least is writing the dreaded synopsis.



4: What do you for fun and relaxation when not writing?
A. I play a lot of video games and I like to watch certain TV shows. I also read a lot. I never ever want to forget why I love writing so much but getting too busy to read.



5: Which authors do you like to read?
A. That’s a very long list. But just to name a few, N.J. Walters, Kresley Cole, Yasmine Galenorn, Christine Feehan, Lynsay Sands, and of course you. This is just a small list though. It could go on until the end of time.



6: What’s the one thing you’d most like people to know about you?
A. Gee that’s a tough one. I think the one thing I most want people to know is that I really don’t get the kind of action, in or out of the bedroom that my characters do. LOL


7: Tell me about your current novel, where I can find it and your website/blog.
A. My current novel is called Voice In The Night and it’s an Autumn Rose tale about an older woman and a younger man. It can be found on Red Rose Publishing’s website and I can be found either on my website at http://www.authorkatholmes.webs.com or on my blog at http://katluvr130.blogspot.com



8: Do you have any tips for aspiring authors?
A. Never give up no matter how many rejections you get. If you truly believe in yourself and your writing it will happen. Also, don’t take rejections personally. I know easier said than done, but really, not all rejections come because they don’t like your work. Some come because that particular publisher doesn’t take that exact genre. Keep trying.



9: Do you base your characters on real-life people?
A. Sometimes but not always. My current heroine is only partly inspired by a real person but in my next book the characters are inspired by Greek mythology.




10: Where do you get your ideas and what inspired you to write this book?
A. My ideas come from lots of places, myths, pictures, real life. Voice In The Night actually came about from a real life experience of someone I know. I won’t say more than that though.



11: What are you currently working on?
A. I am currently working on book five in a brand new series for Red Rose. The series is called Gods At Work and book one comes out in July. It’s titled Working Under Covers.



12. Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?
A. I have two cats who are my world. In fact, they are how I chose my pen name.

No comments: