Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Welcome Margaret Geyer

1: Thank you so much for being here, Margaret. First up is the obligatory question. When did you first begin writing?


A. In June 2003 I took a writing class at Lakeland Community College from noted author June Lund Shiplett. I thought I was going to write a children’s book. 



2: What inspired you to write?
A. I have always loved reading. My husband told me I read so many books maybe it would be a good idea if I wrote one. I finally did something about it.

3: What do you like the most and the least about writing?
A. I love when my characters come alive in my head and begin to dictate the story.
     Rewrites are forever.


4: Are you currently working on?
A. Rewrite of my third novel – HOSTAGE IN LOVE.

5: What do you for fun and relaxation when not writing?

A. I love to paint – watercolors. I am a former art teacher. I also used to paint on silk and had my work displayed at a local art gallery.


6: Which authors do you like to read?
A. My favorite author of all times is Irving Stone. I encourage everyone to give him a try. He wrote biographical fiction. When he died I cried because there would be no more books.

Donna MacMeans writes wonderful historical romance. Then I also read the Linda Lael Miller, Debbie Macomber, J.D.Robb, Sandra Brown and many, many other authors. Of course I always read anything that you write.


7: What’s the one thing you’d most like people to know about you?
A. I love writing, painting, teaching and people. My family is very important to me.

8: Do you have any tips for aspiring authors?
A. Never give up your dreams. It’s what makes life worthwhile.


9: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
A. That’s a hard one to answer. I’d love to be able to see all of the great art museums and stand in front of gorgeous paintings and sculptures. I love to travel by car so that I can see the countryside and imagine what the people are doing in the homes, stores, farms etc.


10: Tell me about your novel, where I can find it and your website/blog.
A. My novel FLAMES OF BETRAYAL is available on the Kindle from Amazon.

Website is www.margaretgeyer.com

BETRAYAL began in my first writing class. We were told to write a story about ‘something blows up’. Minda’s U Haul trailer blows up and that begins her adventure in a small town in New Mexico.

Minda may be a bombshell when it comes to looks, but her life's a mess. Unexplained accidents, men anxious to help, the mob, and deep betrayals keep her life in chaos.

The novel I am working on now is another romantic suspense – HOSTAGE IN LOVE. A bank robbery, a hostage, a second chance for love, a question of survival and a hint of paranormal keeps suspense high and romance intriguing.

When Lt. Jake Morran responds to a bank robbery in progress, the last thing he expects to see is a robber in a Halloween mask escaping with his lover, Clare Kelley. During his search he relies on his training, strength, and an odd psychic connection he has with Clare to guide him. The only question is will Jake’s visions lead him to Clare before it’s too late?


Excerpt from FLAMES OF BETRAYAL
                         
Minda untied the towel at her waist and set it on the lounger. Alan forgot to breathe. Her long slim legs seemed to go on forever. When she pulled the T-shirt over her head, he stifled a groan. The black one piece suit fit like a glove. The high cut at the side accentuated her long legs. Her breasts were large and full. He was in trouble – deep trouble. He had to remember why he was there with her. Business be damned! His member throbbed.

Slipping off his shoes first, he tried to look nonchalant. Hard. He was rock hard. He didn’t want to take off his shorts. She’d see what she did to him. He turned his back and pulled down the khaki shorts and tossed them on a lounger. He made a beeline for the pool and jumped in to hide his hard-on.

It was a miracle that the water didn’t sizzle when he dove into the smooth water. Minda followed close behind, came up first, and began a fast breaststroke. Alan’s head broke the surface, saw her and immediately joined in. When they reached the end, they stood and smiled at each other.

She grabbed the bar at the end of the pool, and let her legs float along the surface. She began splashing. He jumped back out of the way. Those long legs drove him crazy. He pictured then wrapped around him, and his body responded. Damn, the cool water didn’t cool the heat throbbing in his loins. He was harder now than when he dove into the pool. What was it about her? He’d seen gorgeous, stacked females before, and landed them in his bed. He wanted her and wanted her quick, hard and forever. Shit, where did that ‘forever’ come from? Remember your job. He better say something.

“I didn’t know I invited an expert to join me.” God! Did that sound lame?

“I’m not an expert. I like to swim. Can you do the backstroke?”

“Yep, I can do that. When we get back to the other end, you can get out and enjoy the sun a while. I’m going to do a few laps.” Calm down the ache was more like it.

“You’re on.”

In seconds Minda let go of the rail, flipped to her back and began and excellent back stroke. Her breasts peaked above the top of the water, and Alan caught his breath. Shit. Close your mouth and swim. His powerful strokes pulled him through the water and past her. He reached the shallow end first. Minda swam closer. Her breasts strained at the black fabric of the suit. He took a deep breath as she stood next to him.

“You can get out and catch some rays. I’m going to do a few more laps before I get out.” He prayed he’d survive long enough to do it.

“Don’t be too long. I want company. Plus, I’ll need you to rub on my sunscreen. I don’t have a tan like you, and I don’t want to burn.”

“I’ll be out in a flash. Go on, now.”

She climbed out of the pool. Her tight little ass sent another surge straight to his groin. Whose idea was this? Shit. He submerged and began a frantic effort to regain some composure.

Four laps later, he pulled himself up and out of the pool. His eyes lowered as he walked to his lounger. He had to keep temptation at bay. One look and he’d be rock hard again. He grabbed his towel, dried his hair and sat. He looked over in time to see her reach for her sunscreen. His manhood hardened. He wrapped his towel around his waist to hide the evidence. God, what a knock-out. Long legs he imagined around his body. Boobs that begged his lips to suckle them. Whoa. Get your mind back on business. But, this one time there might be a side delight to business. Say something, fool.

No comments: