Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hello, Lin and Kat Holmes


RISING FROM THE PITS

Many of us know what it is like to wallow on the outskirts of hell’s portals here during the life we live on earth.

Kat Holmes and I are authors and have been since we were both old enough to string more than two words together and make cohesive words into ideas, fantasies, stories, realms of our wistfulness.

Not everyone understand the drive to create our realms where we build with brick and mortar using words and ideas worlds that march the way we want them to march, and that was most frustrating...until last year when Mount Olympus opened once more and sent a bolt of pure creative magic down to earth in the form of Lea Schizas and Litsa Kamateros, founders, designers, patterners of Muse It Up Publishing, Inc.

I am L.J. Holmes, the mom arm of this duet. I landed here first, by a month, last March 2010. I always knew haven was not a distant place way up there beyond the clouds, and I was right. It’s here, co-existing for those who’ve not yet found Muse, and for those who have found it, a part of the world we now call our lives…thankfully.

Years of writing, hoarding my words, and keeping them locked away ended the day I found myself entering the magical portals of Muse. As of this moment October 12, 2011 I have eight books released, two more to be released this year and three more coming next year. Not bad for a woman with so much white hair Snow White has nothing on me.

My daughter, Kat Holmes, who came to Muse after having been at another publisher with less respect, less concern, less honor for its authors, is the happiest I have ever seen her and her inner writing voice…plus, like me, she also has LOTS of books out with many more coming. As of today she has four out, one more coming this year, six more next year and three the following year, so far. If that’s not living in haven here on earth…then we have no clue what is.

But Muse Publishing is more…it’s family. Lea and Litsa set a family tone that carries through every element of the company making each and every one of us eager to help in any way possible to be anything and everything Muse needs us to be.

We love each other…she’s my daughter.

We love Muse…they’re our family.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a nice post. I'm new to Muse and I love hearing that authors who have been with Muse for some time are still happy and thriving. Thank you for sharing!

Michelle
Concilium, July 2012
www.conciliumbooks.com
www.michelle-pickett.com

gail roughton branan said...

And that's it in a nutshell. What a wonderful family we've all found with each other!

Unknown said...

I have been remiss in leaving comments, but this post touched me. If there is a disgruntled author at Muse, the discontent is the world's best kept secret. I'm with Lin and Kat in marking this month as celebration of a publisher who respects, helps, and promotes their authors. Muse has been a blessing, and I hope to continue with them for a long, long time. Happy Anniversary, Muse, and hugs and kisses to my Muse family.

Rochelle Weber Author said...

It is such an honor to be part of the Muse family and so wonderful to have friends like Lin and Kat. I'm not as prolific as they are, but I know that my work shines here, because it's been handled with tender loving care by real professionals. Happy Birthday, MuseItUp Publishing, Inc!

And thank you for your warm and wonderful tribute, Lin & Kat.

Hugs,
Rochelle.

Unknown said...

Well darling Lin you always seem to find the perfect way to express what most of us Musers feel. You exemplify the grace and character of Muse so well and I feel I've known both you and Kat all my life. I suppose that's how deep you've asserted yourselves in my heart.

Love you both and thank you for this wonderful message about a publishing house that is second to none.

Cyrus Keith said...

You two are my sisters in the truest sense of the word, and I am proud that this house is my first experience in puiblishing.

Lin said...

Thank you all. Your words touch us as does your encilrcling bonds of love and family.