Thursday, February 20, 2014

Not doing well

keeping up my posts, am I? Not for lack of trying. Was busy working on the cover for Two Love Again and then after brainstorming with a writing friend, one of the stories I started quite some time ago, came to life again. 
Aunt Beatrice Lulu from All in the Family started talking - uh yelling - at me and insisted on her own story. I should have known she wouldn't be satisfied with a bit part. She wants the limelight. 
So I started writing and then she quit talking to me. 
It's never good when a character refuses to talk. Most people don't know writers can't force a story. It has to come from the characters. 
One of the things I need to know before I start writing is how the story ends. What happens in the middle is as much a surprise to me as it is to the reader. 
I never know where characters are going. So once I figured it out, well that lady just won't be quiet. Which is fine with me. I love when characters talk. I have a book I started years ago, that I still don't know how it ends, hence it sits with only the beginning written. It has the potential to be an excellent story. In fact, I have three or four like that. One day I hope they'll show me where they want to go. 
I do love Aunt Beatrice Lulu though. She's such a fun character. It doesn't have a title yet, but I'm sure she'll show me that one also.
So, my apologies on not keeping my promise to write every day. 

You can check out my books at: Amazon and by the way, It's Only Make Believe is 99 cents for a limited time.

No comments: