Friday, January 3, 2020

Twelve Days of Christmas

Well here it is January 3rd and many people have taken down their Christmas decorations and outdoor lights. Not me, I leave them up until January 7th the day after the Feast of the Epiphany, feast of the three kings or Magi. Whatever you want to call it. I do it because I celebrate the 12 days of Christmas. Yes, the 12 days of Christmas start with Christmas day and end January 5th, not the 12 days before Christmas that so many people, especially stores celebrate.
It always annoys me that people misrepresent these days. Not to the point of getting angry or anything, just because the season is lost.
It's sad to see all the colorful lights gone. Everyone is back to their busy life and Christmas suddenly seems a thing of the past. Even though only a week ago, it's seems so long ago. Gone are the Christmas Carols on the radio stations, I'd say Christmas movies, but Hallmark is still playing them, but all signs of Christmas are pretty much gone. Stores are putting out Valentine's Day decorations or spring merchandise. Don't look for a winter coat or clothes. All the spring finery is replacing them.
Okay, you can still find a few things on sale, but for the most part the turnover has begun. I was in a store yesterday where shelves of Christmas merchandise was cleared to make room for the next season.
I know Christmas merchandise is out before Halloween and people have grown tired of looking at it. Not me. I love it. but they could at least wait until Nov.1st to put it out. And can't they wait until January is over to put out the Spring merchandise?
As for me, I'll celebrate the 12 days of Christmas and light my lights and enjoy the decorations for four more days, then I'll sadly put everything away until next year and hate the blah - albeit clean. uncluttered- rooms.
Happy 12 Days of Christmas!!!

1 comment:

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

I consider Christ-mass
throughout the year, dear...