Sunday, March 9, 2014

You'll Never Be Alone

From my work in progress, You'll Never Be Alone

So Ed opened the flu and stuck a wire brush inside to make sure nothing was jammed.
“What the hell?” Ed jumped back. I turned around in time to see something fall.
“What’s that?”Whatever it was shook Ed up. He pushed me across the room.
“You don’t want to see that. Come on, let’s go in the kitchen.”
Well dog gone it, no one tells me what to do, not even Ed. Leastways not all the time. I pushed him aside, went to the fireplace. “What the hell is that?” I bent down for a closer look.

An arm, in tattered red flannel soiled with soot, lay on the grate. I reached out to pick it up, and a finger fell off. I jumped back. “What the hell is an arm doing in our fireplace?”

You can find my books at Amazon 

Trouble Comes in Twos is available from Amazon for 99 cents for a limited time. Here's another fantastic design by Karen Cote.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Ooh, interesting 6. Now I want to know why they're in the fireplace.