Sunday, March 16, 2014

Trouble Comes in Twos

At least it did for Kate Wesley.

"Well, have you given any thought to my offer? Or have you been too busy with Mr. Big Bucks?"

"Excuse me?" Kate narrowed her eyes and looked at him. The nerve of that man. Even if she had been
spending time with Mark, which she had no intention of doing, it was certainly none of his business.

"To give me a chance to make it up to you."

"There's nothing to make up. Actually, you did me a favor." Let him stew on that for a while.

Adam put his hand to his chest. "Ouch, that hurts. Look, Kate, I know it was a cowardly thing to do, writing you that note, leaving you holding the bag for everything. I..."

"You owed me an explanation, but that doesn't matter any more, Adam. It's over. Let's forget it."

Available from Amazon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl,
Thanks for signing up on the Linky List to participate in Sunday Snippets. I wasn't quite sure when I got here whether I'd made a mistake or not since you didn't use "Sunday Snippets" in the title, but I do so appreciate that you've signed up and continue to play along. I'm hoping to keep this a weekly event and I need team players like you.

Taryn Raye said...

Ouch...I don't know what exactly he did to her, but he's gonna pay for it...though the nose.. LOL!

Great snippit! Thanks for sharing!