Saturday, May 15, 2010

Welcome Franny Armstrong-ParaNovelGirl

1: Thank you so much for being here, Franny Armstrong-ParaNovelGirl. First up is the obligatory question. When did you first begin writing?
As long as I can remember, I’ve written either to get a load off my chest, or for the pleasure of creating stories. Everyone should do it. I also do dream analysis and write mine down as soon as I awake so I know what messages my spirit guides/guardian angels have for me.
2: What inspired you to write?
My mother always urged me to write out my feelings and I have a vivid imagination so the two blended together so well, viola! I’m a professional author.

3: What do you like the most and least about writing?
Getting lost in my imagination and keeping the stories real by having them published makes for a big bundle of joy. There’s nothing like holding your own book in your hands for the first time.
There isn’t much I DON’T love about writing. Perhaps the time I spend networking to get the promotions, yet that’s important too and I love chatting with people.


4: What do you for fun and relaxation when not writing?
Read, long baths, read, write some more, and chat with my cyber friends and fellow authors. Oh, and now I get to visit my daughter with my two week old grandson. (She absolutely FORCES me to hold onto him and kiss his head on a regular basis lol)


5: Which authors do you like to read?
I’m a big fan of many, but my favorites right now are: Christine Feehan, Nina Bangs, J.K. Rowling, J.R.R. Tolkien, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Maggie Shayne, Kelly Armstrong, and so many more I can barely remember them all. I’m a readaholic.


6: What’s the one thing you’d most like people to know about you?
Well, I became a professional author because of a disabling illness which ‘ENABLED’ me to find a whole new career as an author. I love it and will never give it up.


7: Tell me about your current novel, where I can find it and your website/blog.
Extrasensory Elements Series Book 1-Author’s Demise came out in March and Tropical Balm released in April. I have a number more coming this summer and fall with so many more to follow. You can either go to my website, www.paranovelgirls.com, or my author’s page at www.redrosepublishing.com



8: Do you have any tips for aspiring authors?
The most important thing is to never stop learning and continue to grow. If you give up, you’ll never get one foot in the door. Don’t TRY to be a writer, just DO it as the rewards of knowing you can do whatever you set your heart on are great.


9: Do you base your characters on real-life people?
Sometimes I do, or a few elements of real people I’ve met. I seldom create a character who is exactly like someone I know or have met.
I find myself studying others at the doctor’s office, in stores, or even on TV and wonder what makes them tick. Everyone acts or reacts for a reason. Having an understanding of that process goes a long way into the psychology of the character.


10: Where do you get your ideas and what inspired you to write this book?
For some reason, I’ve always been a daydreamer and the stories seem to be implanted in my brain and escape on a regular basis. I try diligently to make sure I don’t write the same stories as everyone else and mine always have a hidden message within.


11: What are you currently working on?
With dozens of plots and characters laid out as soon as they come to mind, I have too many to multi-task and write so I’m focusing on one story based on love in Hawaii after a woman gets stranded there. It’s going to be under my erotic romance pseudonym. Yet I still am editing my works yet to be published as one can never have too much to offer.


12. Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?
I’ve started a www.blogtalkradio.com/FrannyArmstrong show which airs on Sundays from 12:30pm to 1:30pm EST and have the most amazing plans for it.

My guest on Sunday, May 16 is none other than the famous International Romance Book Cover Model Jimmy Thomas (on my Author’s Demise cover below). Jimmy is a sweetheart to take some of his valuable time to join us. He’s on so many book covers and websites it’s hard to keep track of him.
I will also be having shows about the wacky things authors do when they write and what we have to deal with such as rejections, insomnia, and writer’s block. There is so much to talk about.
I do want to thank you sincerely for having me on your blog, Roseanne. It’s been a pleasure and I hope you’ll come back on mine once again.



AUTHOR'S DEMISE - Extrasensory Elements: Book 1 by Franny Armstrong

Is now available at www.redrosepublishing.com Get your copy now!

Erotic Romance: Paranormal, Suspense/Mystery

ISBN: 978-1-60435-678-6
BLURB: Death stalks telekinetic Lana Anderson, CEO of Brinkman-Bonnet Publishing. Forced to live in terror, Lana soon finds she's shadowed by more than a killer when her boss and good friend hires a cop to protect her.
Kissing a perfect stranger, Brett Colton soon finds himself head over heels in love with the woman he's hired to protect, even though he has no interest in having a serious relationship. When she's captured by the stalker he races against time to save her from her selfless act of bravery.

EXCERPT

"Good morning, George," Lana spoke to the security guard on her way to the elevators.
"Mornin', Ms. Anderson. Beautiful day, isn't it?" George said, smiling at her. George was in his sixties. From the look of his red eyes and bulbous nose he was a drinker, yet he faithfully showed up for work each day and was always polite.
"It's absolutely wonderful, George. You have a great day, okay?" she said giving him a winning smile, her emerald green eyes sparkling as she met his gaze. The last thing Lana wanted to do was let people know how upset she was.
"Sure thing, ma'am."
Lana had a lot on her mind and was in no hurry to reach her office, having arrived early. Stepping back from the crowd while waiting for the elevator she was pushed up against a large potted fern by the group of people rushing to use them. She was happy to wait for a less crowded one and used the time to go over her plans for the day in her mind.
Her reflection in the mirrored wall showed high cheekbones, a straight nose, and a narrow, heart-shaped face. A delicate mole rested below her right eye, just to the right. Strawberry-blond hair fell in gentle waves halfway down her back.
At five feet, ten inches tall, Lana was taller than most women. She carried herself with a natural grace, her back always straight, her chin held up with pride. The extra thirty pounds she carried was distributed evenly, giving her a voluptuous "Mae West" look.
The next elevator light came on with a "ding" sound, and the next group of riders moved into the car. Lana decided to wait a few more minutes until the main rush of early morning workers was over. Wrinkling her nose at the thought of sharing the small space with fresh clouds of mixed perfume and cologne she went back to her mental list of jobs.
* * *
Brett had a tail. He had been trying to shake the guy for a few blocks but the man was persistent. Entering the lobby of Belleview towers he looked around and saw an attractive woman waiting for the elevators near the back wall. She stood out from the others around her drawing him towards her like a magnet. He had an idea of how to elude his tail and hoped she would go along with it.
She's really hot! Looks like a fun-loving girl, he thought.
Taking another look outside, he saw the man coming up to the revolving doors. Moving quickly over to where the woman stood he gave his plan a shot.
Nodding politely to her, he stripped off his jacket, rolled it into a ball and threw it on the floor beside the potted fern.
"Excuse me ma'am, but I'm in trouble, and I was wondering if you could help me out?" He pulled his baseball hat from his back pocket and put it on backwards.
Lana looked up at the striking `tall, dark, and handsome' man who was speaking to her. Uncertain what he needed, she said, "Well, sure. If I can—"
Before she could finish her reply, she was swept up in his arms and kissed passionately. Lana was so stunned that she didn't react to his audacity, melting into his arms instead. Her hands rested on his chest, fingers tangled in his shirt
Brett tried to keep a close eye on his stalker, but he was distracted by the sexy woman in his arms. Boy, she could light his fire anytime! Minutes may have ticked by but he lost count, losing himself in her sensual mouth.
After the tail finally gave up and left, Brett continued the kiss, unable to stop. His pants were uncomfortably tight. Pulling her closer into his embrace, he nearly groaned as her body brushed up against him. She'd turned to liquid in his arms, sending shivers of desire up his spine.
Finally, slowly, he lifted his head and stared into her eyes. Her expression was dazed, as if she didn't quite know where she was. Her emerald green eyes met his with a bemused expression.
The elevator doors opened with a loud `ding' sound. Regretfully he let her go.
"Thank you, ma'am. You were very helpful," he said, his voice husky. Bending down, he picked up his jacket.
"Well, goodbye …" He started to say his farewell but looking at her swollen, damp lips, he changed his mind.
"Ah, what the hell," he said, and kissed her again. It was a short, lip-smacking kiss. Then, nodding, he stepped into the elevator and the doors closed on his grinning face.
Franny Armstrong-ParaNovelGirl
http://www.paranovelgirls.com/
www.blogtalkradio.com/FrannyArmstrong
http://www.paranovelgirl.blogspot.com/
http://www.redrosepublishing.com/

Extrasensory Elements Series Book 1-Author's Demise release March 11
Tropical Balm releases April 8
Forever Blowing Bubbles releases June 18
7th Eye Private Investigations Series Book 1-The Mystic Touch releases in August

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I simply cannot wait for 'Forever Blowing Bubbles' Author's Demise is a wonderful story that will keep you on the edge of your seat!!

Kristy Bock

Unknown said...

Absolutely fantastic interview Franny and Roseanne.:-)

Franny Armstrong said...

Awe shucks. You gals sound like a fan club. LOL
Thanks for visiting.I appreciate the support.
Hugs
Franny