Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Welcome Heather Wildman

1: Thank you so much for being here, Heather. First up is the obligatory question. When did you first begin writing?
A. Roseanne, thank you so much for having me!
I honestly don’t remember when I started writing. As soon as I could hold a pencil I scribbled things no one, including myself, could read. It wasn’t until 8th grade and one special teacher that I started writing for me instead of everyone else.



2: What inspired you to write?
A. Everything. I’m an introvert. Writing was, and always will be, my favorite form of self-expressio


3: What do you like the most and least about writing?
A. I like the way a story flows, the way emotions paint their way onto a page and create something beautiful from even dark emotions. I don’t really DISLIKE anything about writing.



4: What do you for fun and relaxation when not writing?
A. Read, walk, play with my kids at the park. It’s the little things in life that are the most important.



5: Which authors do you like to read?
A. I’ll read about anything. Roald Dahl is a personal favorite. I enjoy Mark Twain, Stephen King, and many, many lesser known authors.



6: What’s the one thing you’d most like people to know about you?
A. I don’t write because I want a paycheck, I write because I love it. PERIOD. Once that love dies, I’ll stop writing. End of story.



7: Tell me about your current novel, where I can find it and your website/blog.
A. “Ebin’s Heart” is my debut novella. It’s a story of hate and bias, the truths of a past and the salvation of the future, and love and loss set in a science fiction/ futuristic world.

You can purchase the story here: http://redrosepublishing.com/bookstore/product_info.php?products_id=739 and read more about me and my other escapades on my blog, here: http://psychoticblah.blogspot.com/



8: Do you have any tips for aspiring authors?
A. First and foremost, WRITE. Second, be uncomfortable. If you are all comfy and cozy, you aren’t growing. Network, no matter how hard it feels. Promote, no matter how difficult it may be. Don’t expect instant results, it just doesn’t happen. PERIOD. And let go of a little bit of pride. Publishers and editors are there to make money, don’t think you are too good to adapt, or you won’t get very far very fast.


9: Do you base your characters on real-life people?
A. Some of the emotions are based on real life, but my characters are never intentionally based on those I know or have seen. Well, I did use certain family members, but which story, and which characters, I’ll NEVER tell. Mwahahaha! Other than that… No.

10: Where did you get your ideas and what inspired you to write this book?
A. “Ebin’s Heart” was a direct result of past experience coupled with bad news about my son’s heart, and the painful emotions it elicited. I talk about this in a guest blog, linked in the “You did what?” section of my blahg.



11: What are you currently working on?
A. I’m working on self-edits for a gothic/paranormal romance, and am also in the drafting process of a humorous paranormal mystery.

12. Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?
A. *grin* Do your readers want to ask anything? I’m an open book, and my pages are waiting to be filled. Please, ladies and gents, be my honorary muse. I’m happy to share.


Mini excerpt from Ebin’s Heart:

He pulled back the top cover. Bundled below were the rest of the pelts.

Ebin panicked. He tore through layer after layer, tossing them wherever they landed. When he grabbed the bottom layer, he stopped cold. A sticky mess coated his right hand. He dropped the fur and stared at the red slime on his fingers. Shock and panic filled him as recognition dawned.
Someone had been here. Someone had hurt his Eiva.

No comments: