Friday, March 26, 2010

More Snow

Here it is almost the end of March and we have more snow. It doesn't really surprise me, after all, it is still March and although it's officially Spring on the calendar, it's really still winter. In fact April often brings snow. We've had big snowstorms the last weekend in April several times. I'm not really complaining and fortunately, we only got a light covering, but after all that beautiful warm sixty degree days to go back to the thirties, well I don't mind telling you, it feels a whole lot colder. Fortunately, it's going to get warmer tomorrow and by the end of the week, it's supposed to be back in the sixties. I'll take that.  At least the sun is shining today.
I'm still hard at work on my WIP. Hopefully, I'll have it finished before long. For some reason, this is a slow mover. Some books just flow and in a matter of weeks, the rough draft is finished. Others, like this one, seem to take forever. Of course, the fact that I was blocked for a whole year on this one didn't help.  This was the first book I ever plotted out and outlined. I'll never do that again. A speaker at our chapter RWA meeting suggested trying it. Big mistake for me. I don't write that way. I've never written that way. They suggested writing a synopsis first, which I did. Unfortunately, I found it difficult to waver from that synopsis. It took a whole year to forget it and move on. I was then able to come up with new ideas and move on. So hopefully, this one will be finished soon. 
Happy Spring everyone.

No comments: