Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday

Finally, it's here. The big game. The day football fans have been waiting for. The race to the championship.
Unfortunately, my hometown team isn't playing today. But that doesn't stop me from watching the game. Heck no. I love football.
Today, we're joing other family members at my daughters for chili and the game. Of course there will be other snacks. Everyone is bringing something. My daughter is providing the chili.  There will probably be more eating and snacking than watching the game.
We all look forward to the commercials, too. Maybe more so than the big game. Of course if our hometown team was playing, we'd all have a different mind frame. I'm sure half of us will be rooting for the Giants and half for the Patriots. It really doesn't matter much to me, one way or another, who wins. I lean toward the Patriots because their head coach used to coach our home team - before they left town that is. We all feel he was the fall guy for a losing season, planned by the owner so he could move the team and we, the fans, wouldn't care. Boy did that backfire. Losing or not, we were football fans and taking our team to another city didn't sit well with us. It took several years before we had a team again. We still watched the games, but football wasn't nearly as much fun - except rooting against the team who left us. Since then, they've become rivals, for obvious reasons.
So, no matter who wins, we'll enjoy watching the game. Go teams! LOL

1 comment:

Jess@The Secret DMS Files of Fairday Morrow said...

Watching the game sure was exciting. I wasn't rooting for either team- but it was an interesting game. I enjoyed the half-time show and the food was delicious! What a cool connection you have to the Patriots!