Sunday, January 8, 2012
I Got a Liebster?
SATURDAY, JANUARY 7, 2012
I Got a Liebster? Wow!
Goodness, I'd never heard of the Liebster Award for blogs, but now I've gotten one...from Ginger Simpson. I'm honored because she mentioned that I'm dedicated in sharing my blog. I appreciate her thoughts. So thank you, Ginger, for the honor. I'm flattered. Especially at your comment "What a woman."
What is the intention of the award? To draw attention to blogs that deserve more.
If you're curious about the name, liebster is German for "favorite" or "dearest." I love being someone's favorite anything. :
My instructions, since I gladly accept this award, are:
1. Post this award on your blog. (Check)
2. Thank and link to the person who gave it to you. (Check)
3. Pass it on to five bloggers who have less than 200 followers. (Check, except I'm not entirely sure about the number of followers.)
4. Comment on those five people's blogs to share the good news. (Check, I can hear them groaning already)
I actually emailed them, it was easier.
Here are my five:
1. Gail Branan - I've grown to know Gail only recently, but she's become a very good friend. Gail's blog is dedicated to the memory of a friend who shared Flowers on The Fence with the world, which Gail now shares with all of us.
2. J.Q. Rose - Janet and I have become friends also through MuseItUp and shared on each other's blogs. Not only do we share a love of mystery, we share a birthday. Of course, her book, Sunshine Boulveard kept me up all night.
3 Rebecca Ryals Russell - Rebecca was one of the first people I met at Muse and another I was privileged to meet in person. Rebecca writes Y/A fantasy. She graciously allowed me and my husband to stay in her cabin when we were in Florida. In fact, she set up the meeting with me, Marsha and Barbara.
4. Marhsa Moore - Marsha and I met through Muse also and I had the pleasure of meeting her in person a few years ago. She's as sweet in person as she appears online.
5. Barbara Bockman - Last, but certainly not least, Barbara Bockman - another Muse author I had the privilege to meet. In fact, Barbara was a surprise we didn't expect when we got together for lunch in Florida. What an enjoyable time we had. Barbara also writes Y/A.
Okay...I've done my duty. I had a lot of people to chose from and it was a difficult decision. There are so many Muse Authors I've become friends with over the last two years. These five were not awarded on the spur of the moment, rather are listed because these women go the extra mile, Their blogs are interesting and fun.. Check them out, I'm sure you'll enjoy them. Congratulations, Ladies...and again, thank you Ginger. You made my day.