Thursday, December 31, 2015

Reflections of 2015

As 2015 comes to an end, I can't help but reflect back. It's been a good year, nothing exceptional. It started out with a bitterly cold winter. The snow turned to ice on our drive and even though my nephew plowed, it remained ice.
 We have a gravel drive, and I swear the ice was several inches thick. I could hardly walk on it. Needless to say, we stayed inside for the most part, only going out when necessary. I even missed church several Sundays because of the ice. If I couldn't walk on it, I surely wasn't going to drive on it.
My nephew even slid off the drive with his truck and got stuck. I'm sure he wasn't anxious to plow our driveway, but he did it every time it snowed. I don't usually mind the cold or the snow, but this winter was brutally cold. The poor dogs ran out and didn't take long to do their business. I felt bad about having to let them out.





I became a great grandmother for the third time in May. My granddaughter had a beautiful baby girl, Michaela. Precious little beauty, but of course I'm prejudiced. Pictured here with her proud mama, (Allison) great grandpa, and a proud auntie (Alexandra). God has blessed us abundantly.


Spring took forever to get here. At least it seemed to and summer - well I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Not that I'm complaining about that. I dislike the hot, humid summer days as much as I disliked the cold. Only difference is, I was able to stay inside and keep warm in the winter. I hate staying inside in the summer. I like my doors and windows open. I'm not crazy about air conditioning and keeping the house closed up. It's closed up enough in the winter. This past summer was much more to my liking. We only had to run the air a couple of days.
 In fact, we only put one of our window air conditioners in. No, we don't have central air.
We did, however, buy a motor-home - an old one was all we could afford. 1989. But in fairly good condition. Doesn't look like much, all faded and such, but I love it. So we did quite a bit of camping this year. Our state parks offer half price during the week to seniors and we took full advantage of it. Although we still camped with the kids on weekends when they went. It's always fun
to camp with the kids and I even went tubing with them. Loved every minute of it. Granted it took a bit to get me in and out of the tube, but once in, we floated down the river and it was so relaxing. Something about being on the water is calming.
Fall was beautiful and lasted well into December. It was 60 Christmas Day. However, the temperatures have now dropped and returned to normal. I guess winter has finally arrived. We've seen a few snow flakes but so far no accumulation. It's supposed to be a milder than normal winter with less than normal snow. Doesn't bother me a bit.
Two of my grandchildren got engaged recently so weddings will be forthcoming, probably in 2017. We are also expecting a great grandson in June so it looks like 2016 is going to be a good year.


Funny, I hadn't meant to talk about the weather, but I guess it gives you a general idea of how uneventful my life has been this year.
.
But I did publish a new book, All's Well that Ends Well, book 2 in the Family Affair Series. You can find it at Amazon.


Wishing everyone a healthy, Happy New Year.

No comments: