Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Welcome, Karina Fabian


Thank you so much for being here, Karina.

1: What genre do you write?

Whatever fits the story, though mostly science fiction, fantasy and horror.  I have also written a lovely devotional, and a couple of non-genre pieces.

2: That's very diverseHow long have you been writing?

ROFL.  I've written four interviews today, and they all ask me this.  Let me answer differently: how long I've written is not as important as the fact that I have written, am writing and will continue to write.  Some people write masterpieces their first time out; others never get good even after years.  My first book, an anthology, was published in 2007 and won an EPPIE. 

3: Great answer and congratulations on the Eppie. So tell us, what do you like the most and least about writing?

Most:  Having written, and going back over the story and thinking, "Wow!  This gal is good!"

Least:  Sitting at the computer and getting those first words out when that opening sentence has not presented itself to me.  That, and marketing--mostly because marketing takes away from writing.

4: I couldn't agree more. When you're not writing, what do you for fun and relaxation?

Watch TV or play games with the kids; practice haidong gumbdo (Korean sword art, which I don't do enough of), read, clean house.  (Clean houses relax me.)

5: I love clean houses, and sometimes don't even mind cleaning. Okay, tell us, which authors do you like to read?
Terry Pratchett, Jim Butcher, and anyone whose book catches my fancy. 

6: What’s the one thing you’d most like people to know about you?

That I'd really appreciate them going to my website and buying one of my novels.

7: Tell me about your current novel, where I can find it?

My latest story is "Perfect Ten" which is about a blind date with Coyote the Trickster God.  Very funny story published by MuseItUp on e-book.

My next novel coming out is Mind Over Mind (Aug 8 from DragonMoon Press).  Deryl Stephens has dealt with uncontrollable telepathy for years.  Finally, psychiatric intern Joshua Lawson believes him and tried to teach him control.  His next challenge, however will be to combat the aliens who would use his unique abilities to further their cause in an interplanetary war.

8: Do you have any tips for aspiring authors?

Write a lot.  Edit thoroughly.  Realize rejection isn't personal. Hone your craft.

9: Great advice. Do you base your characters on real-life people?

Not intentionally.

10: We probably all draw a bit from people we know for our characters. How did you come up with the idea for this book?

"Perfect Ten" was from an idea from Lea Schizas.  Mind Over Mind came from thinking about what it'd really be like to have psychic powers.  My answer: Not Fun.

11: What are you currently working on?

I'm writing a superhero story about a guy who moves furniture for a living and gets super strength.  It was my husband's idea.  After that, I am going to finish my zombie exterminator novel:  I Left My Brains in San Francisco.


12. Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?

My books are more interesting than I am--go check them out.

13. Where can we find you? Website? Blog?




Purc ase link: Amazon: http://amzn.to/mTmeGW




No comments: