Monday, August 30, 2010

Celebration of Life

At 1:29 this morning, my  14th grandchild entered the world, weighing in at seven pounds ten ounces and nineteen and half inches long. One would thing having that many grandchildren I wouldn't be excited, but they'd be wrong. I was as excited with this grandchild as I was with my first.
Holding the little guy - who isn't so little by the way - I was shocked at how chubby even his little legs were - I got a lump in my throat. What a miracle God has bestowed upon us. I couldn't wait to share the news with all my friends and family. And share it, I did. I would have shouted it from the rooftops if I could have.
Life is good and God has blessed me with six healthy, beautiful children, fourteen beautiful, healthy grandchildren and one beautiful, healthy great grandchild.
This will be my last grandchild - bestowed on me by his father - my baby, who now has four beautiful children. They decided their family is large enough and all the others have been done for a long time. So now it's time for my grandchildren to take over and provide us with new babies in the family. I read a saying once, Babies are proof that God wants his world to go on. I like that saying.

1 comment:

Karen McGrath said...

Congratulations, Roseanne! He's beautiful!