Friday, January 1, 2010

It's hard to believe another year has passed. Here it is 2010. A lot has happened the past year, some good, some not so good. But through it all, I've had my family by my side. The year started out simple enough, nothing spectacular, and that was fine with me. I learned a long time ago not to complain about a boring life. Seems every time I did, something bad happened. So now I go with the flow. February, March, April and May were pretty much the same.
The end of May brought an end to life as we knew it. My husband got laid off, and I was devastated. How were we going to make it on Social Security? Cutbacks were definitely in order and a move was first on the agenda. No way could we stay in my dream apartment. We needed something less expensive. But what and where?
Would we be forced to go back to our old neighborhood? While I have wonderful memories there, I spent most of my teenage years there and much of my married life there. We raised our family there and while I loved it, I had no desire to go back.
And then we found this place. What a mess it was and my husband thought I was nuts. But I saw through the mess and knew we could make a home here. We moved in September and life became busy fixing things up. I was right, it turned into a lovely home.
A scare came in November when middle daughter's mammogram came back irregular. We had to wait until the middle of December for another one and thank God, all was normal.
We recently found out we're going to be great-granparents. What exciting news. We're thrilled, a new life, created in love, will be added to our family. Praise God!
My book, Time to Live Again, will be released March 11th at Red Rose Publishing, more good news.
As I reflect back, I'm thankful and blessed that we all have our health and each other and I look forward to the year ahead.

No comments: