Monday, December 2, 2019

All Went Well



The Vow Renewal  went very well. I thought it was going to be at the beginning of the service, but Pastor decided to do it in the middle, which was fine. Although my nerves would have calmed down a little sooner if it had been at the beginning. Actually, I wasn't as nervous as I thought I'd be. 
The ceremony and service were beautiful and memorable. Much more memorable than our actual wedding. I don't remember much of it. I do remember it was a chilly day - normal for November in Ohio - and cloudy. At least until I walked down the aisle. just as I started down the sun came out and shined through the stained glass windows onto the aisle. 
We didn't have a mass either, just the ceremony. The priest said a few words and that was pretty much all. Why didn't we have a mass? My in-laws (mother in law especially) wasn't too keen on our marriage, especially with me being Catholic. So, we talked to the priest about it and all came to the conclusion that out of respect for her, we'd forgo the mass.  Probably wasn't fair to my parents when I stop and think about it. After all they did pay for the wedding. But that was the choice we made back then, so saying our
vows in the middle of our service was special. I was excited that most of my kids were there and some of my grandchildren.  The party after was small, immediate family, pastor and his family. 

Thanksgiving was great also. My sons and their families came to dinner and my daughters (well two of them since one was out of town) were supposed to come after. My middle daughter came but my youngest daughter only stopped in briefly because a new grandchild, for her .was possibly on the way and she was off to the hospital.  But, we still enjoyed the day. 
Next up is our Christmas Eve dinner on the 15th, hosted by my oldest daughter and all my children will be there as well as some of the grandchildren. For some reason we didn't get pictures on Thanksgiving so hope we get some on the 15th. I must be slipping. Looking forward to a busy December. 
The 13th we're hosting my brother in law and sister in law for a soup supper. Haven't decided which soup to make yet. Guess I'll have to figure out something soon. Debating on trying a new one or sticking with an old reliable.  I'm all for trying something new.  And of course Christmas to be celebrated at my youngest sons this year. Looking forward to that also, he's trying something different, going to smoke a brisket. Sounds yummy to me.  A busy year will soon come to an end. I'm looking forward to the new year, new things, and spending more time with my family. God is good!
Baby Isabella Nicole arrived on Dec. 3rd, weighing 6#4oz and 19 inches long. She's precious, as all babies are. 

Image may contain: 1 person, sleeping

No comments: