Monday, May 18, 2015

Blog Swap with J.Q. Rose

Swapping blogs with Roseanne is always fun. I remember we did it one year on our birthdays because we have the same day in May.  After reading my post here, be sure to hop over to the J.Q. Rose blog at http://www.JQRose.com to learn about Roseanne’s excellent book, Show, Don’t Tell, where you can learn “to put pizzazz in your writing.”


Thanks so much for getting together again, Roseanne. I brought Texas cake with me. I know that’s a lot of cake, but we need a lot in case your big family shows up too!

Writers Helping Writers by J.Q. Rose

I invited romance and mystery authors to send me writing tips to share on my blog during October through February. I compiled tips from the fifteen participating authors with new material to make up the eBook, Romance and Mystery Authors on Writing. Yes, when I sent them the letter of invitation in August, they knew their tips would be included in a book that would reach out to help writers.

I enjoyed meeting new authors and working again with author friends (including our host) on the project. And oh my, what great tips and information are included in the eBook. 

The tips are organized into the main topics of Writing, Publishing, and Marketing. Within the topic, Writing, authors offer quick tips and advice on dialogue, creating characters, story structure, settings
and editing.
Being a curious person, I had to ask a few questions and dig deeper to learn more about the writers and their experiences in the industry, so I asked them to reveal the “light bulb moments” in their writing journey, questions they are asked most often, and the best advice on writing they have received.
By offering their expertise, the authors hope to smooth the sometimes rocky road for new writers toward a rewarding career in writing.
# # # #
Authors who graciously contributed to this project are:

Conda Douglas
C. Hope Clark
Gail Roughton
Heather Fraser Brainerd
Heather Haven
Helena Fairfax
J.Q. Rose
Joan Curtis
http://joancurtis.com/
Joselyn Vaughn
Kathy MacIntosh
Marsha West
Melissa Maygrove
Miss Mae
Roseanne Dowell
Sara-Jayne Townsend


All royalties will be donated to public libraries.

About J.Q.
BIO- After writing feature articles in magazines, newspapers, and online magazines for over fifteen years, J.Q. Rose entered the world of fiction. Her published mysteries are Sunshine Boulevard, and Coda to Murder released by Muse It Up Publishing. Blogging, photography, Pegs and Jokers board games, and travel are the things that keep her out of trouble. She spends winters in Florida and summers up north camping and hunting toads, frogs, and salamanders with her four grandsons and granddaughter.


Connect with J.Q. Rose online at
J.Q. Rose blog http://www.JQRose.com/
J. Q.  Rose Amazon Author Page http://tinyurl.com/aeuv4m4

J.Q. Rose is offering a free E-book to one lucky commentor. Be sure to leave your email so she can send you the book. Winner will be announced Thursday, May 21st.



4 comments:

J.Q. Rose said...

Good morning, Roseanne and Readers. Looking forward to visiting with you this week. Thanks for swapping blogs, Roseanne.

Miss Mae said...

Hi J.Q.!

What a great idea to swap blogs! :) And congrats on compiling such an informative ebook.

Ro, lovely blog here, and I am honored to be included in J.Q.'s book with the likes of you and other great authors.

J.Q. Rose said...

Hey, Miss Mae. I am happy you and Roseanne participated in my hare brained idea.

J.Q. Rose said...

Hi Miss Mae, you are the winner of the drawing for my book! Thanks so much for visitng.