Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Welcome, Shirley Marin


1: Thank you so much for being here, Shirley.
First up is the obligatory question. When did you first begin writing? 
And thank you for asking me, Roseanne. I first began writing a little over twenty years ago.
 
 
2: It's a pleasure. So, what or who inspired you to write? 
I'd wanted to write for the longest time, so after my boys were older and had left home, I had more time to write.
 
 
3: I can understand that. Okay, here's a question I get asked a lot, what do you like the most and least about writing? 
I like getting ideas and putting them to paper. I'd have to say that I like writers' block the least.
 
 
4: Readers are curious, what do you for fun and relaxation when not writing? 
I try to go for a walk every day. Of course, I also enjoy reading, mainly fantasies and paranormals. I like growing orchids and other plants.
 
 
5: Oh, orchids, such a beautiful flower. Tell us, which authors do you like to read? 
Terry Brooks and Dean Koontz are my two favorite authors. I like Terry Goodkind, also.
 
6: Okay, something different. What's the one thing you’d most like people to know about you? 
Good question. I suppose it would be something personal--that I was married for 44 years and had three boys.
 
 
7: Let's talk about your novel, where I can find it and your website/blog. 
You can find "Wolf Magic" both at Amazon and at http://bookswelove.net/martin.php
 
8: Do you have any tips for Aspiring Authors
If you want to write, do it. No excuses. Pick the same time every day. Read everything you can get your hands on.
 
9: Great advice. Here's another question readers ask a lot. Do you base your characters on real-life people? 
No. They are entirely of my imagination. With my historicals, I've based the situations on real life events.
 
 
10: A personal favorite, where do you get your ideas and what inspired you to write this book? 
With my historicals, I got my ideas from actual events I came across in doing research, such as the French and Indian War. For my shapeshifter romance, "Wolf Magic" the characters came from my imagination.
 
11: Let's talk about what you're currently working on? 
I'm writing another contemporary vampire romance. My first such novel is "One More Tomorrow." 
 
12. Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you? I enjoy writing and always have ideas

Wolf Magic
Avador Book 5

Rabid wolves are overrunning Avador. The queen has issued a decree to the sentries: Kill the wolves! Hunting the beasts in the forest, sentry Briant Girard spies a wolf in the distance and fells the animal with an arrow. Minutes later, he finds that he has badly injured a young woman. While tending to the woman, he worries, where is the wolf?

A wolf possessing her body, Annwn is torn and confused. She delights in her wolf essence, when she can roam the woodland, wild and free. But her human side yearns for all the joys of a normal woman, someone to love, a home and children.

Deeply attracted to the lovely Annwn, Briant wonders why she spurns his advances. Even after he discovers her secret, he vows he will always love her. But Annwn knows their love is hopeless.

A beast trapped inside her, a young woman fears she will never find happiness with the man she loves.


This scene in "Wolf Magic" takes place after the heroine, Annwn, has bee jailed for stealing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Briant reached her cell and–

Annwn?

Shock rendered him speechless, his throat dry. His heart pounded wildly.

Sitting on the floor, she held her shift in clawed hands, her arms and legs covered with fur. Her face red with shame, she turned away from him. He heard her sobs, saw her trembling.

This is Annwn?

He clenched his hands, fighting for control. Helpless to do anything, he could only stare. He discarded his shock; his heart turned over with love and pity for her. He found his voice as he unlocked the cell door. “Annwn, my dear Annwn! Now I know–“

”Now you know why there can never be anything between us.” Dressed now, looking human once more, she stood and wiped the tears from her cheeks. “Now you see me for what I am–a monster!”
He stepped closer to her, his heart overflowing with love. “I see you as the woman I love.” He reached for her, but she drew back, a look of despondency on her face, of utter despair. Her face red from crying, teardrops clung to her eyelashes, yet she was as lovely as ever. “My darling, let me hold you. Please don’t refuse me.” He drew her into his arms, and this time she didn’t push away, but neither did she let him embrace her. “Surely you realize how much I care for you,” he said. “My love for you–“

”No! Try to understand. Any love between us is hopeless. We have no future together. Why can’t you accept that?”

No comments: