Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Six more weeks of winter according to the groundhog. Why that suprises anyone, I'll never know. I mean seriously, the first day of Spring isn't until March 20th. That's six weeks away. Besides that, in this part of the US, we seldom see spring until at least April - usually May and even sometimes May is cold. Granted, not as cold as now, but still not what I'd call warm. We often have 40 degree days.
I've discovered weather is a state of mind. If you don't mind it, it doesn't bother you. I guess as we age, other things are more important than the weather. Yes, I prefer warm temperatures, and I'd much rather be outside doing fun things, working in the yard, or even sitting out enjoying it. But then it'll turn hot, and I'll hibernate in the cool of the air-conditioned house (speaking of which, we're going to have to buy an airconditioner this year). I don't like hot weather any more than I do cold. At least cold you can dress appropriately. You can only undress so much in the heat. So , I'm not looking forward to the heat of summer any more than I like the cold of winte

No comments: